23 Enigma is the belief that all incidents and events associated with number 23 (e.g. which happened on the 23rd of any month) are somehow tied into a centuries-old plan, possibly, devised by THEM.
This belief has its origins in Discordianism and is, for example, associated with the Illuminati in the Illuminatus! Trilogy, whose co-author Robert Anton Wilson considered it an actual material-plane demonstration of confirmation bias.
- The chromosome conspiracy claims that humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes.
- Julius Caesar was stabbed 23 times when he was killed.
- Olof Palme was shot around 23:23 local time (give or take 1.5 minutes).
- The Earth is inclined on it's orbital plane by 23.5 degrees. The "point-five" can be represented as 5 = 2 + 3.
- The Number 23, is the 23rd Movie directed by Joel Schumacher. It was also released in the United States on February 23, 2007.
- Serial killer Ted Bundy was allegedly executed on January 23, 1989. The records show that he was actually executed January 24, 1989 at 7:16 AM (7 + 16 = 23).
- The sum of the first 23 primes is 874, which is divisible by 23.
- There were 23 problems on David Hilbert's famous list of unsolved mathematical problems, presented to the International Congress of Mathematicians in Paris in 1900
- The first message sent by telegraph was a quotation from the Book of Numbers, chapter 23, verse 23
- 23 is the width of the Arecibo Message, sent into Space in search of Extraterrestrial Intelligence.
- 23 is the TCP/IP port used for Telnet and is the default for the Telnet command.
- the letter W has 2 points down and 3 up = 23 and is also bellow the numbers 2 and 3 or 23 it is also the 23rd letter of the alphabet
- 23 Enigma. Wikipedia.