The Georgia Guidestones is a granite monument which can be found in Elbert County, Georgia and was building of it began in June of 1979 by the Elberton Granite Finishing Company which was hired by a mysterious individual calling himself R.C. Christian.
Age of ReasonEdit
- Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
- Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
- Unite humanity with a living new language.
- Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
- Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
- Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
- Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
- Balance personal rights with social duties.
- Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
- Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.
The four outer stones are oriented to mark the limits of the 18.6 year lunar declination cycle. The center column features a hole drilled at an angle from one side to the other, through which can be seen the North Star, a star whose position changes only very gradually over time. The same pillar has a slot carved through it which is aligned with the Sun's solstices and equinoxes. A 7/8" aperture in the capstone allows a ray of sun to pass through at noon each day, shining a beam on the center stone indicating the day of the year.
- 1. Channel through stone
- indicates celestial pole
- 2. Horizontal slot indicates
- annual travel of sun
- 3. Sunbeam through capstone
- marks noontime throughout
- the year
- Age of Enlightenment, 18th century
- 1. Reductionism
- 2. Autonomy
- 3. Republic of Letters
- 4. Scientific method
- 5. Egalitarianism
- 6. International Court of Justice
- 7. Limitation of law
- 8. Sapere aude, Dare to be wise
- 9. Rationalism
- 10. Natural history
- ↑ "Northeast Georgia Mountains Travel Association". Northeast Georgia Mountains Travel Association.
- ↑ Sullivan, Randall (May 2009). "American Stonehenge: Monumental Instructions for the Post-Apocalypse". Wired (17.05).
- Coast to Coast AM: George Noory (2017 Jan 30), with Marshall Masters on Georgia Guidestones in relation to Planet X (33:30)